Townhall Overview - Q&A

Nov. 15, 2020

Welcome to CMHA's November 5th Townhall

  • 7pm start time
  • Attendance was taken
  • Zoom Meeting


  • Reasoning and explanation behind board’s closure decision was discussed
    • With the recent outbreak in Chilliwack the Board of Directors thought in the best interest to our members to the a temporary pause all hockey activities and review the situation daily
  • Financials are being monitored and refunds will not be entertained until we are officially shut down or the season has ended. Please be rest assured we are not in the business of profiting from our members as we are a nonprofit organization. We will be fair in any refunds being required depending on how the season moves forward. As there are so many unknowns we can’t provide exact numbers, dates etc.. on when the season will end or what the refunds will be until everything is finished and accounted for properly.


  1. We are looking at doing some online zoom training (dryland/skills/etc.). Is this going to be allowed during this pause?
    • CMHA is okay with zoom meetings happening with teams as long as everyone is at their own home. These types of events are considered private.
    • Having a weekly chat with the team is a great way to stay connected through these strange times
  2. Who decided the 1-hour ice slots? Is this CMHA or the City?
    • City dictated schedule and breaks in between - only allowed 1 hour - used every slot we available to us
    • 14 U6-U9 Teams this season which are using twice the ice than in the past as there is no shared ice at the moment
  3. Friend on the island said that they are still playing, but parents are no longer allowed to stay and watch. Will we be going to that?
    • Perhaps, it is an idea. Things are changing daily, and it could be something the city, PCAHA and/ or BC Hockey will implement
  4. If and when we come back online - would we be continuing with the set schedule from before - with the two weeks practice only and 3 weeks games rotation?
    • Yes, that’s correct, so if we were to return after 2 weeks, we would be in Group A’s 2nd cohort of games and unfortunately Group B would have missed the remainder of their first Cohort of games.
  5. Earlier when asked about what numbers we are watching you mentioned Chilliwack’s numbers through Fraser Health, but should we not be concerned about our neighboring cities exposures with game play!?
    • Yes of course
    • Game play is up to PCAHA
  6. If it comes down to cancelling the season; any thought as an association to switch to development only and no game play. For example, 1 ice session a week, small same groups of 8-10 players on ice, more 1:1 coaching. If there is exposure it would be easier to trace and contain. I’d rather the kids play 1x a week than 0. If it comes down to that decision.
    • If and when that happens we will discuss any and all options potentially availble
  7. There is supposed to be a referee development course this weekend. will that also be cancelled.
    • No, it’s still happening
  8. Is PCAHA going ahead with cohort games?
    • As of right now, yes
  9. Any discussion about requiring visors or masks on the ice?
    • Yes, its has been discussed by the board as a possibility
    • Many things to discuss when we reassess the situation in a week


Thank you!

Chilliwack Minor Hockey

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information