1) Oversee the operation of teams in their assigned REC Division.
2) Understands and upholds the rules and regulations governing the division and acts as the moral authority while representing the interests of players and parents of the division to the Board.
3) Maintain timely and effective communication with team managers throughout the season; including the forwarding of important information that may be passed down from the Board from time to time.
4) Read and respond to any correspondence sent to your specific director email address within 12-24 hours.
5) Communicate and Liaise with the PCAHA Divisional Director assigned to their division.
6) Work with the Player and Coach Development Director and other directors as required to recruit and select coaches for each season.
7) Liaise with the Director at Large during REP evaluations regarding which players are moving to your REC Division.
8) Attend their divisions REC evaluation sessions to represent CMHA and ensure the quality of the evaluations.
a) Ensure all players and coaches play fairly to preserve the integrity of evaluations.
b) Should there be any instances of cheating or inclination of throwing an evaluation notify the Player and Coach Development Director immediately.
9) Work with the Player and Coach Development Director and other directors as requested to arrange for the drafting and allocation of players to teams. This may also involve player movement, addition, and deletion during the season.
10) Work with the Player and Coach Development Director to arrange a pre-season coach meeting to discuss the yearly evaluation process.
11) Ensure team officials are knowledgeable of and adhere to game administration procedures.
12) Ensure team officials adhere to association penalty procedure.
13) Attend the PCAHA meeting at the beginning of the season.
14) Check accuracy of team rosters and all required player and parent information once added to the Hockey Canada registry and CMHA Website.
15) Oversee the equitable assignment of exhibition games and oversee the administration procedures for these games.
16) Work with the Ice Coordinator to:
a) provide information on practice and game ice
allocation to their division’s teams including the assignment of game numbers for any ice time that does not constitute a practice.
b) schedule practices and REC Division Cup games.
c) reassign ice within their division to utilize all ice as efficiently and fairly.
d) re-schedule any conflict games on PCAHA schedule.
17) After January 10th, track number of times each REC Division player is affiliated to a REP team or a team in a higher division.
18) May assist in the development of divisional tournaments.
19) Track and regularly communicate to Team Managers the
results of REC Division Cup games.
20) Work with the REC Team Managers and Website
Coordinator to enter the REC game and practice schedules
into the CMHA website.
21) Receive complaints regarding team officials and forward to
Discipline Committee if necessary.
22) Assist the Equipment Manager to distribute required team
uniform and equipment needs (including safety) to the REC
23) Ensure through the Equipment Manager that teams return
their uniforms and assist were necessary.
24) Determine the procedure for Cup games. Ensure that these
games are played in an equitable fashion and that all Cup
Games are completed prior to Hockey Day of each season.
25) Attend monthly CMHA Board meetings.
26) During the last year of the term, find and mentor a suitable
replacement for the upcoming term of director for the current division.
1) An average of 10 hours per week with more time required in August/September (season start-up) and March (season end).
2) Two-year term (May to May).
1) Strong administrative background.
2) Ability to work with team personnel.
3) Ability to act as a liaison with the Association Board.
4) Knowledgeable in rules, regulations, administration
procedures of the division, association, district.
5) Have an interest in the Association improving coach and
6) Member in good standing with CMHA Selection
Please email all inquiries to Lee McCaw, CMHA President at email@example.com
Chilliwack Minor Hockey